Resolutions for a New Decade!
Happy New Year!
It's the end of a decade, and while we're closing the door on the wild ride of the 2010s, we're starting fresh in 2020! Instead of coming up with average resolutions for a new year, we've put together a small, but impactful list of resolutions that can improve your next decade.
1. The first one on our list is reducing your carbon footprint. Climate change is real, and our planet is suffering. Reducing your use of single-use plastics, meat consumption, and being conscious of your eco-unfriendly habits, is a crucial step to saving the Earth. Strive to be environmentally responsible!
2. Improve physical and mental wellbeing. We're not just telling you to hit the gym. Instead of focusing solely on losing weight or gaining muscle, participate in yoga or meditation classes. Learning to quiet your mind is proven to relieve stress, muscle tension, and is valuable to your mental health. By combining endurance, weight training, stretching, and meditation, you are strengthening your whole body, as well as your brain. Maintaining these habits over a decade can be difficult to manage, but boy are they rewarding!
3. Give to the less fortunate. Many of us are lucky enough to be comfortable with our living situation, our career, our friends, and our family. Many more people are not, and are in need of basic material goods to get through our harsh winters. Some, just need a friend to talk to when days are rough. Giving doesn't always mean money or material things. Instead, give your time to your nearest veteran's hospital, animal shelter, or Big Brothers and Big Sisters foundations. You can make an enormous difference, just by sharing yourself with people in need.
4. Get involved! Immerse yourself in a new club, a sport, or a hobby. Find something that you enjoy doing that won't make you any profit. Whether you love knitting, skiing, reading, or singing. Share your passion with others around you. If you open yourself up to others, you will find warmth and friendship from individuals with similar interests.
5. Last, but definitely not least, stop bullying yourself! Everyone knows that we are our own harshest critics. Start making a list of the things that you like about yourself, and try to add to it regularly. Learn from your past mistakes, and then forgive yourself for them. Build up your self-worth, because you deserve nothing but the best. Never forget that!
We hope this decade is the best one yet!
The Samantha with Love Team